McCabe G. Harrison
McCabe G. Harrison joined what was then the Ossi Law Firm in 2011 as a law clerk before beginning practice as an associate in 2012. In the summer of 2015, McCabe was thrilled to become a founding partner of Ossi, Withers & Harrison and in 2017 transitioned to an Of Counsel relationship with Ossi, Withers & Harrison. McCabe practices in the areas of Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Probate, Asset Protection, Wealth Preservation, Marital Agreements, and Real Estate.
McCabe has lived in Gainesville since he was 2 months old when his father, Jeffrey Harrison, took a position as a professor at the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law, where he continues to teach classes in Contracts, Antitrust, Law and Economics, and Copyright today. McCabe’s mother also completed law school and passed the Florida Bar (pregnant and with a toddler!) before deciding to stay home with the kids. McCabe followed his destiny and became a lawyer as well, as did his brother Casey.
McCabe is a “triple gator” having received his B.A. in Economics, J.D., and his LL.M. (Masters of Law) in Taxation all from the University of Florida. For readers like McCabe who often wonder what the strings of letters after people’s names mean, the LL.M. is an extra year of legal education focusing only on tax law. McCabe graduated Cum Laude from law school and received book awards (meaning he was top of the class) in Secured Transactions, Advanced Bankruptcy, Land Use Planning, and Partnership Tax.
McCabe would be happy to assist you if you:
- Would like to have a will, trust, or power of attorney drawn up.
- Need help with a real estate closing or title work.
- Have questions about estate taxes.
- Want to change or better understand your existing will or trust.
- Have had a loved one pass away and are not sure what you need to do.
- Have had a loved one pass away and are worried the person in charge of handling their affairs is not doing what they are supposed be doing.
- Want to protect and preserve your wealth for you and future generations.
- Would like to put a prenuptial agreement in place.
- Work with an organization that would like McCabe to speak to them about estate planning.
McCabe is very family oriented and in his spare time he likes to relax with his wife, Sterling, and their two rescue cats, Xander a/k/a “Spud” and Eva. He enjoys weekly dinners with his parents and tries to see his younger brothers, Casey and Connor, and his nephew, Logan, whenever he can.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2010, LL.M. in Taxation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2009, J.D. Cum Laude
- University of Florida, 2005, B.A., Economics
- Florida, 2012
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Young Lawyer’s Division (Secretary)
- The James C Adkins Jr American Inn of Court
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the Florida Bar
- Estate Planning Council of North Central Florida (Vice President)